Recently while watching Pat Robertson on the 700 Club, the Lord put something on my heart that I want to share with you.
Pat talked about the importance of the tithe, as mentioned in Malachi 3. While I was listening to him, I felt strongly that I needed to teach on the seven blessings of the tithe, too, for like Pat Robertson, I believe the tithe is very important to the Lord Jesus.
First of all, Malachi 3:10 teaches: “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”
Then the Lord promises, “And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts” (verse 11).
In the next verse, the Lord gives us this most remarkable promise: “And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts” (verse 12). In this noteworthy portion of Scripture, we find the Lord’s command to bring “all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house.” The Lord clearly tells every believer that the tithe belongs to Him and His work.
The Lord even challenges us to test Him: “Prove me now herewith” (verse 10). This is the only time in Scripture that the Lord makes that offer. That is one of the most amazing invitations we have ever been given by the Lord Himself; that we, as God’s people, can prove Him in this matter.
Following His challenge in Malachi 3:10, He then begins to give us the seven most amazing blessings of the tithe:
- “If I will not open you the windows of heaven” (verse 10). The windows of heaven always deal with revival. The Lord promises to revive every person who obeys Him.
- “And pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it” (verse 10). Think about it! God Almighty declares clearly in His Word that the tither will be prosperous—so prosperous, in fact, that there will not be room enough to receive the prosperity and blessings God has in store for the one who obeys Him.
- “I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes” (verse 11). Years ago when I taught on this subject in Orlando, I discovered that rebuke, to my amazement, means “to cripple” or “to paralyze.” God Almighty will actually cripple the enemy on your behalf when you tithe. The tithe is so important to the Lord that He promises to paralyze and cripple the enemy so that he will not be able to touch your life! Remember, the Lord said to prove Him. These things will happen, for this is the Word of the Lord!
- “He shall not destroy the fruits of your ground” (verse 11). This means that the enemy, whom God has crippled on your behalf, will not be able to touch your finances. The “fruits of your ground” refers to your money. The enemy will not be able to touch your money as a result of your obedience to the Lord in the tithe.
- “Neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts” (verse 11). It is remarkable that in John 15:5, Jesus said, “I am the vine, ye are the branches.” The vine, therefore, means the family, and God gives this amazing promise to the tither when He says that the enemy will not touch your family, if you obey the Lord.
- “All nations shall call you blessed” (verse 12). In this most amazing blessing and promise, God will bless and prosper you so that the nations of the world will see the blessings of God upon you. In other words, you will be a mighty witness of the power and blessings of God.
- “Ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts” (verse 12). Delightsome means “highly desired.” As you obey the Lord with the tithe, God will so highly desire you that He will use you.
These seven most amazing blessings of the tithe can be summarized:
- You will have revival.
- You will experience great prosperity.
- The enemy will be crippled and will not touch your life.
- Your finances will be safe.
- Your family will be safe from the hand of the enemy.
- You will be a great witness of the power and blessings of the Lord to the nations.
- You will be highly desired, and God will use you for His glory!
Before giving these seven blessings in Malachi 3, the Lord very clearly mentions the tithes and offerings in verse 8: “Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings” (Malachi 3:8). Then He says, “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse” (verse 10).
The “storehouse” is not your local church! Many years ago, I taught that the storehouse was the local church. As I have continued to study the Word, travel the world, and mature in the Lord, I have come to realize that the storehouse is not the local building but the ministry that feeds your life.
Any ministry that feeds you the Word of God is that storehouse! The Word of God is clear on this, for He says, “Bring ye all the tithe into the storehouse.” The tithe belongs to the ministry that gives you fresh bread and the meat of God’s Word.
As you support the storehouse that the Lord has placed into your life, the Lord has promised to send these seven supernatural blessings upon your life!
If this ministry has been that storehouse for you, then it is the law of God that you should give your tithes and offerings to this ministry. In fact, according to the Word of God, you should support whatever ministry God uses to feed your life.
I want to share an important truth with you. The Word of God is clear also in Deuteronomy 26 that the tithe does not belong to the dead. In the midst of teaching on the tithe, the Lord tells us, “Nor given ought thereof for the dead” (Deuteronomy 26:14). If you want to receive the seven supernatural blessings of the tithe, make sure you are not giving your tithe or offering to a dead work.
If you give to a dead ministry, there will be no result! But when you give to a ministry that is alive and preaching the Gospel to the world, then these promises will be yours.
BREAKING DEBT FROM YOUR LIFE
When I saw this powerful truth and began applying it in my own life—as I became a tither myself—God truly broke the debt from my life.
Debt is broken by only one thing—giving to the Lord’s work!
I want to see the Lord bless your life. It is your tithe that opens heaven, and it is your offering that brings prosperity your way. The Lord requires both, the tithe (at least 10 percent) and the offering (extra money that the Lord directs you to give). We cannot be blessed without the tithe, and we cannot see abundance without both the tithe and the offering.
The Lord clearly states in His Word to give both tithes and offerings.
Today, give both to the Lord. Sow your seed. And as you give your tithe and sow your seed-offering this month, lay your hands on that seed and claim the seven supernatural promises of Malachi 3.
Winning the lost for the glory of Jesus Christ, God’s beloved Son,